cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

questions on Pilot Points and cheap ACD

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

First I am trying to set up a cheap ACD solution for a Tech support 1-800 number with 4 support techs and one admin, In theory the Admin will take the calls then transfer it to an availalble Tech, however if she is not at her desk or is busy then It needs to roll over to the techs where they can answer the call, if they are all busy it can then go to voice mail where they can leave a message. So what I did was set up two Pilot Points one for the Admin and one for the techs and I have the Admins pilot point hunting to the Tech Pilot Point. and I then will install the Web Attendant software on everyones PC.

Now the Question is: Is there a better way to do this? (without getting ICD) and is there a way to get reports on how many calls went to the Pilot Point, who is logged in, and that sort of ACD Admin type of reports?

and Finally I set this up to test on a working system, however my pilot points are not working at all, I get a fast busy when I try and call the first Pilot point, all the Partitions and Calling search spaces are set up right, I have stopped and started the Telephony Call Dispatcher Service, Do I have to reset something else to make those pilot points start working?

Thanks In Advance

Ken

3 Replies 3

mciarochi
Level 1
Level 1

In 3.1(3a) the pilot points must auto-register (there's no device pool option). Is that working correctly? Just a thought.

I did not assoicate those route points with the user ac. that is why I was getting a busy when I called those route points

thanks

Ken

victor
Level 1
Level 1

Realy stupid question, but with pilot numbers you already get ACD-like functionality minus queuing and reporting. You can overflow the calls when all the phones are busy. You do not even need webattendants to be installed on the PCs!