cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity DLL and Exchange errors

vcornett
Level 1
Level 1

We are having major problems for some time with Unity. We are running 2.4.6 build 161, TSP 6.02b and Call manager 3.0(12). Unity will be running Ok and then gets sluggish, doesn't take voice mails or doesn't light the MWIs correctly . The problem seems to be centered around Unity thinking that the

Exchange server to which the users are homed has gone offline When I check the event viewer I see these types of errors:

AvCs_MC

MalEx_Mc

AVConvmsg_MC

This is usually the first error in the event viewer:

Exception occurred and handled in File: h:\commsvr\Sources\AvWM\AvWMMutex.cpp at Line: 157 - Error: 80040123H Call stack:

0x5DD470DD AvWM.dll: <unknown symbol>

0xFEDCBA98 <unknown module>: : <unknown symbol>

0x89ABCDEF <unknown module>: : <unknown symbol>

0x77D5298F RPCRT4.DLL: RpcRevertToSelf + 858 bytes

then this error:

Last Category An error occurred while trying to logon to MAPI mailbox 80004005: /o=NASA/ou=NSSTC/cn=Recipients/cn=MSFC/cn=SuessST.

I have a TAC case open D217771 and I sent the event logs to the Engineer.

We are not having any network problems so I really think something is corrupted in Unity or I am just not seeing a bad configuration mistake. This server has been in place for 2 years now and we have ALWAYS had some sort of problem with Unity.

I hope you can help.

Thanks,

Vince

4 Replies 4

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think there's anything corrupted in Unity. That exception that's showing up in the event log can be generated from a few places inside a component that we call the AvWM (aka the Wedgie Manager).

What I think has happened is that the correct version of the AvWM.dll is not on the system. The code in that "mutex" file shouldn't be executing in the 161 version. Additionally, the 80040123 return code is old. Was the Unity server upgraded in the past?

You could compare the version and size of the following files:

From the Unity server, \WinNt\System32\AvWm.dll

From the 161 CD1, \System\General\AvWm.dll

Do these match up?

I don't have the Unity CDs handy but the version of AvWm.dll on the Unity server is 1.0.0.1 and the file size is 156KB.

We upgraded from 2.4.6.135 to 161 on April 11, 2002.

Yeah, that sounds like it could be the old file. I checked the 161 file and it's 141 KB. As a note, it's actually smaller in the new file because code was removed.

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Do you have Outlook installed on the Unity box? Installing Outlook copies and registers a version of emsmdb32.dll to your system that does not work well with Unity, and if Exchange was to go off line, the Outlook version of the dll does not do a good job of determening when Exhcange is back on line.

Search your hard drive for that file, and report back the version of that file. If you installed Outlook you will likely have two copies of that file.

As far as slowness goes, are you performing and type of Exchange Maintenance i.e. Exchange Optimizer etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: