cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RME timing out on TACACS+ connection to switch

boyd.winters
Level 1
Level 1

When checking the device attributes in RME 3.4 to a c3548XL switch that has a TACACS+ login, it comes back with the TACACS+ password is incorrect. I debug the authentication on the switch and see that the connection times out without ever checking the password. I can telnet to the switch and the username and passcode works fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies 7

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If you're using Check Device Attributes, then one way to verify this is to do an Export to File and then see if the device credentails stored in the db are indeed correct or not. If they are correct, then Check Device Attributes is not working properly and you may want to do a search on CCO Bug Toolkit to see if there's any open issues for this.

Yes, I am using Check Device Attributes. I checked the exported file and the user name and password are correct.. I will check for bugs.

jblank
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure that once you log into the switch through TACACS+ you're presented with a carrot ">" after the hostname. If you've changed the prompt on the switch without including the ">" at the end of the prompt CiscoWorks has no idea it has completed the login and will eventually fail.

The prompt is terminated in a ">" after login.

Are you using Solaris 8 by any chance ? There is a bug that you may be hitting if you are.

I am using Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 3.

Just to give you a heads up, Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 is not currently supported by LMS 2.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: