Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

session target trunk

Unanswered Question
Nov 5th, 2002
User Badges:

i have a router that is accepting DID's 44XX that get sent to call manager via the session target ipv4:X.X.X.X command.

I need to use the same router to send other DID's 33XX to another vwic on the same router that trunks to a pbx. This trunk is configured as

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-24 type e&m-wink-start

what would be the session command to enable this?

would i also have to create a pots dial peer for this port? so when the digits come in a voip dial peer has to tell them to use the outgoing dial-peer? confused.

or do i just use the outgoing dial peer? so when the provider sens those 4 digits to the router the router will use its pots dial peer to send them back out again?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pacameron Wed, 11/06/2002 - 15:07
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

What you are trying to do is called hairpining.

If you have 2 DID ranges coming in, then you would point one range to the VOIP dial peer and the other range to a POTS dial peer. In your case, the dial peers would be something like this :

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 44..

session target ipv4:

codec g711ulaw

ip precedence 5

dtmf-relay h245-alpha

!

dial-peer voice 2 pots

destination-pattern 33..

port 1/1:0

prefix 33

!

the first dial peer will send the calls to the CM while the second dial peer will send calls in the range 33XX to the second T1 port (T1 1/1). The prefix command is used to put the leading 33 back on the digit string, as by default POTS dial peers strip explicitly matched digits.

Actions

This Discussion