cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7910 Problem : Spkrphone & Mute Button LED lights up SIMULTANEOUSLY...?!

seanwy
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have quite a number of 7910 phones installed, and so happened during our testing, we came across the following issues:

1. When the handset in on-hook, the user presses the Spkerphone button, and simultaneously, the Mute button lights up as well..!

The user calls a an external party, and this party is unable to hear the user.

However, when the headset is off-hook, the user presses the Spkerphone button, and only the Spkerphone's LED lights up. This works fine.

2. When a line comes in, the user presses the Spkerphone button to answer, but to no avail! The Spkerphone refuses to answer the call, with the button's LED not lited up.

Hence, is this a hardware issue ?? I tried upgrading the firmware but to no avail, the problem still persists.

any assistance mucho appreciated. Thanks!

4 Replies 4

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

the 7910 model phones do not have speakerphone functionality, only on hook dialing try this link about the 7910

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sheet09186a0080091983.html

hope this helps

dave

hi Dave, Thanks for info..!

man, what's the point of having the speaker phone feature when its only half-duplex ??? why weren't these limited functionality highlited in the specifications ?? Cisco, u shldn'nt have placed it on the 7910 phones then!!

i think it more incorrect labelling than anything else, it's just there for hand free dialing, though why there's a mute key i don't know :-) (maybe cisco are going to bring it in at a later date)

dave

Not applicable

I did some reading on this recently and found that the speaker on the 7910 is only used for call monitoring. It cannot be used as a speaker phone. I hope this helps.