cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Saving to a tftpboot server

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does anyone know of a way to use Ciscoworks 2000 to save running configs to a different tftpboot server other than ciscoworks itself ? The tftpboot server is at a different address than Ciscoworks . I know we probably aren't using Ciscoworks the way you should but that's what we are working with right now .

Also have another question , say you have a rsp fail how do you use Ciscoworks to download a saved configuration file to the new piece of equipment , generally we have the equipment here at our location and we configure the new equipment here and send it out as a replacement , how do you use Ciscoworks to do this . I don't have any problem making changes to existing boxes via RME . Just wondering how to use Ciscoworks in configuring a replacement piece of equipment . Been self teaching myself this and I have been unable to figure this out . Thanks for any help .

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

1) No. 2) You can look at ConfigEditor

andrea.meconi
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

you can use another tool to save your config files to another tftp server. For replacement you can use Config Editot, but RME must be able to reach the device: ip, telnet and so on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco