cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple Example Administrator accounts

slc2
Level 1
Level 1

After rehoming Unity 3.13 from a e5.5 to e2k server, I ended up with duplicate Example Admin - <servername>, subscrib, unity subscribers dl. Which ones can I delete? I also have an Example Administrator from Unity 2.46.

7 Replies 7

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I find the easiest way to know which ones Unity is using, is to go in to the Unity SA and change the name, then you can go in to AD and see which one changed, you will then know which one Unity is using.

The SA is showing two Example Admins

Is it showing to example admins, or is one example subscriber? I guess it is possible that someone imported the old ones.

I am thinking the two Example Administrators that show up in the SA are one from the 3.13 install and the other one from the 2.46 import I did. I just don't know why so many. I do not recall reading anything about not importing the 2.46 Example admin in the documentation.

From what you are saying, there is only one active Example Admin, Example Subscriber and Unity Subscriber DL.. Why did homing Unity from x5.5 to e2k create a new one and left the old one behind. Shouldn't configuration setup take care of cleaning this up?

No, Unity never deletes accounts from AD or Exchange. The fact that you imported your 2.4(6) data explains why you have two.

Part of the migration instructions from 2.4(6) to 3.x, ask that you export 2.4(6) data, use the 2.4(6) uninstall utility, which at the end of the uninstall utility, it tells you to go in to Exchange an manually remove the Example Admin, Example Subscriber, etc.

How do I delete the dup Example Admin from Unity? The SA grays out the delete button when I bring up either one?

You need to delete it in SQL. This doc explains how:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/AVVID/remove_example_admin.html

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: