cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet port lock up

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a content engine with Version: ce507-4.0.3. The content engine works fine except that after a period of time about a day the port on the switch (a catalyst 3550) shows as down/down. The port on the switch has no errors. If I removed the ethernet cable and plug it back in to the Content engine it comes back up again. Any ideas on the problem?

I replaced a new content engine and during boot up I get this error:

Dec 16 22:47:29 (none) Diamond: PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 2 of device 00:0d.0

Dec 16 22:47:29 (none) Diamond: PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 2 of device 00:0e.0

Dec 16 22:47:29 (none) Diamond: PCI: Allocation of memory region 00:0d.0/2 (-1609564160 bytes) failed

Dec 16 22:47:29 (none) Diamond: PCI: Allocation of memory region 00:0e.0/2 (-1609564160 bytes) failed

I then did a "show ecdn" and get this message eventhough I have done all that is required.

ECDN content engine is loading, state is no-network, Waiting for network configuration.

ECDN is waiting for network configuration

Please configure your network interface

and set primary interface

For more information, point your browser to CDM 157.128.4.6

4 Replies 4

murabi
Level 4
Level 4

You will find a quiet a lot of troubleshooting documents on this link.

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Hardware:Cisco_Content_Engine_500&viewall=true

cccnetwork
Level 1
Level 1

We experienced a slightly similar problem on our 3550. Our port showed down/down but would not come up again until a re-load. We moved the cable to another port and it came up ok. Replacing the cable in its original port proved the same down/down, it seem that the port just stopped working.

MarcusPunter

Cheshire County Council

I also meet the same trouble.Someone knows how to solve?

thanks and with regards.

could you clarify the problem

- what type of switch ? (is it a 3550 for both of you) ?

- what type of device attached to it on the faulty port ?

- what port speed ? duplex ? auto or static ?

- what software version on the Cat and the other equipment ?

- is the frequency always 1 day ?

Thanks,

Gilles

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: