cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP IVR voice Prompt audio format

jennyp
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently writing an IVR Script, and I want to know if it is posible to change the Prompt audio format from CCITT u-law 8 KHz, 8Bit, Mono 7 kb/sec, to another format like GSM 6.10, and still be playable from the IVR.

Or if there are any cisco java classes that I could call from my IVR script to change the audio format of a file from GSM to CCITT u-law? Or a third party tool CLI that could do the trick that you recommend?

15 Replies 15

anand.r
Level 1
Level 1

Adding to Jenny's question, Can i use PCM format instead of CCITT U-law ? cause when i convert my PCM files to CCITT U law the Voice quality gets poorer.

PCM will not fly. Contact me at matthew_weiner@yahoo.com. I may be able to fix it for you.

Hello Mathew,

I read one of your responses on cisco support forum .I am new to cisco uccx. I have installed the basic things. My challenge is on the prompts. I was able to upload them but uccx could not play it.
I used the audacity to record but its not playing it. Could you assist me? I sent you an email but it bounced back

Hi there 

Make sure the prompt files are .wav with the following attributes. You can use any freeware audio editors. I use mostly NCH Audio converter.

• Format: CCIT U-Law
  • Sample Size: 8-bit
  • Sample Rate: 8kHz

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hello,
Thank you for the response . the audio files are in .wav format.if not ,i
would not have uploaded in the first place.i think the uccx is not playing
pcm but cttl u law .can that converter convert the pcm to u law
Collins

You have to manually convert and upload to CCX Prompt Management in the recommended CCITT-ulaw format.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

I have saved the audio file as other uncompressed files with the following
options
Header wav(microsoft)
Encoding U-law
Its still not playing

Collins

Hi there

Could you share your script screenshot. Also go to the wav file properties and make sure the the file is in right specification.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

Ok.i will do that tomorrow. I even download prompts from uccx sandbox
lab.when i uploaded them,my uccx played them. I downloaded an audio file
from unity connection and uploaded.uccx played it. I downloaded another
audio file from unity but when i uploaded it,uccx didnt play it. I was
hearing echo. On unity,its playing well.
I have been trying to download free text to speech converter to see if it
works but it requires payment before it can be converted to wav file
Collins

Hello Kumar,

I was able to get one solution. I uploaded the wav files to ccm music on hold source file and they were automatically converted to u-law.wav.When i uploaded them to uccx ,uccx played them.Thanks for your help.

Collins

Right, that works too. But I suggest if you have frequent upload or formatting of your IVR prompts, get a 3rd party audio editor. That way it should be more convenient.
My personal favorite - Audacity & WavePad

Hope this Helps
Cheers
Rath!

Ok. I have audacity but it is giving me issues.if i set the frequency to
8kz and mono, i wont hear anything. I will try the wavepad.
Sorry for digression,i have been reading documentation on how to set up
social miner with uccx. On the chat widget from uccx,the url is showing a
private ip address. I was thinking it should be public ip to allow
customers from internet to click and join the chat.are we to map the
private ip to public ip using or nat or is there a second lan card similar
to expressway e series.
Hope to read from you
Collins

mweiner
Level 1
Level 1

I do not know if you can play gsm 6.10 from the IVR, but what is the extension of the gsm file type?

The extension is ".wav "

I have uploaded the GSM file as a voice prompt, but the ivr server just skips it when it's time to play it... So I'm wondering if there is a codec or a way of telling the server to play the GSM format.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: