cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AdmitOne VPN Client & Cisco VPN

ROBERT CROOKS
Level 1
Level 1

I have a manager that wants to setup his IPAC as a VPN client to my PIX, but am unfamiliar with the config of AdmitOne. Has any one used this before in this config? I get lost when it asks for a user and secretpassword, where I believe it should ask for VPNGroup + secretpassword. I cannot find any specific instructions for using this software in this config.

Thanks

7 Replies 7

Nelson Rodrigues
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Robert, I've never used the AdmitOne VPN client from www.funk.com. But I've done a bit of research on their Web site and have these 2 links that will help.

1) What to configure on the VPN gateway server for this client. They have an IOS device, not PIX, but should be in ballpark

http://www.funk.com/subsections/a1technotes.asp

2) The AdmitOne Manual

Chapters 3 and 4 describe in detail how to login to the IPAC and how to setup a VPN tunnel.

The user/secret password you refer to are to log you in to the Ipac Secure Policy Store database (simply a database of users permitted to use the pocketPC). This user/secret passwd is not to be confused with the VPN credentials (group/passwd) you will use as pre-shared keys. Here is the link:

http://www.funk.com/Docs/A111MAN.PDF

Good luck.

Nelson

Thanks for the reply.

I see what you mean by it being a router config. I think that I can use it to derive what the PIX should be.

Just a question though, does Cisco have any intention of developing a client for Windows CE? Using the same client look & feel everywhere (like with MAC OSX) is great.

Thanks Again

Robert Crooks

We've been using the Movian VPN client by Certicom with the pix successfully.

We did not have much luck with the Admit One client.

Good Luck

Do you know where I can get a any configuration help from Movian?

Thanks

You have to request the download from them. I had to go back and forth a few times with email to their support dept. before they sent me a pix config. Unfortunately I'm out of the office for the rest of the week so I don't have it to post.

I will contact their help desk.

Thank you for the response.

Hi,

I've problems trying to configure the movian vpn client with PIX, can you explain me how can I configure it?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: