cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows XP with SP1 and CiscoWorks 2000

rakesh503
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed CiscoWorks 2000 on Windows 2000 Server and it functioning properly but I am unable to access Campus Manager applications from clients. The clients are currently running Windows XP SP1 with Java 1.3.1 (downloaded from Cisco Website). I was able to access it from Windows 2000 client but since I upgraded to Windows XP, I am unable to access it. Any thoughts...

Thanks

Rakesh

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Make sure that you do not have multiple different version of Java plug-in's installed on your XP client. If so, remove them OR better just remove all install plug-in's from the client and then point your browser to your CW2K server again which will download and install the fresh/correct plug-in version again. See if this helps.

I tried your suggestion on one of the clients and the solution did not appear to resolve the problem. Once I removed the Java Plug-in 1.3.1 and tried to load campus application, it downloaded Java 2 runtime standard edition 1.3. After the installation was completed, I tried loading the campus manager application and it hangs. Any other thoughts...

Thank you.. Rakesh

Does it hang if you use a NT/Win2K Client?

It was working properly when I had Windows2K. I tried the other option of unstalling Java 1.3.1 and installing Java runtime 2 1.3 version. All the campus manager applications still does not function. I appreciate your help... Any other workaround for this issue..

Thanks

Then contact TAC.

Hello --

I removed all the Java Plug-in and installed Java 2 Runtime 1.3.1. I also rebooted the CiscoWorks 2000 server and it is working properly. I appreciate all your help. Thank you very much. Rakesh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card