cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows XP with SP1 and CiscoWorks 2000

rakesh503
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed CiscoWorks 2000 on Windows 2000 Server and it functioning properly but I am unable to access Campus Manager applications from clients. The clients are currently running Windows XP SP1 with Java 1.3.1 (downloaded from Cisco Website). I was able to access it from Windows 2000 client but since I upgraded to Windows XP, I am unable to access it. Any thoughts...

Thanks

Rakesh

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Make sure that you do not have multiple different version of Java plug-in's installed on your XP client. If so, remove them OR better just remove all install plug-in's from the client and then point your browser to your CW2K server again which will download and install the fresh/correct plug-in version again. See if this helps.

I tried your suggestion on one of the clients and the solution did not appear to resolve the problem. Once I removed the Java Plug-in 1.3.1 and tried to load campus application, it downloaded Java 2 runtime standard edition 1.3. After the installation was completed, I tried loading the campus manager application and it hangs. Any other thoughts...

Thank you.. Rakesh

Does it hang if you use a NT/Win2K Client?

It was working properly when I had Windows2K. I tried the other option of unstalling Java 1.3.1 and installing Java runtime 2 1.3 version. All the campus manager applications still does not function. I appreciate your help... Any other workaround for this issue..

Thanks

Then contact TAC.

Hello --

I removed all the Java Plug-in and installed Java 2 Runtime 1.3.1. I also rebooted the CiscoWorks 2000 server and it is working properly. I appreciate all your help. Thank you very much. Rakesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: