cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco traffic reporting

nick
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have a good way of getting a traffic report out of a cisco router?

I've tried ip accounting and netflow without much luck. (Netflow wasn't reporting the right number of octets back to my server, ip accounting was too manual, having to copy the logs out of the router and into a txt file/importing into a db)

Thanks

5 Replies 5

matthew-wong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nick,

You can always use MRTG. It's free and you can see the traffic utilization via a graph!

Thanks, i've heard of/used mrtg before, but i need a bit more information than a graph

I really need individual host information for billing purposes

like:

192.168.1.2: 28.2MB

192.168.1.5: 40MB

We get charged per MB on our internet connection, so we need to oncharge this to ppl sharing our office

Does anyone know where this thread went? I am looking to pull similiar data for billing purposes and can't seem to find a simple way to generate reports from Netflow.

Thanks,

Matt

Hello,

I would look into an RMON probe or something that you can pull data from...I use the NetScout probes (used to be Cisco SwitchProbes) and Concord's eHealth product to pull that data for me...

Cheers!

Jim

for finding traffic user / server machines i use wanspy 1.4

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: