cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ART/CDR Tandem Calls?

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

What are Tandem Calls? They show up in ART and im not sure what they represent...

5 Replies 5

c.donnelly
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jeff,

The way I understand it is :-

If you have a line that has a forward set to a destination external from Callmanager - then this shows up as a Tandem Call.

For instance we have a Callmanager Line '201' that is set up to call forward all to a Fax machine on a dedicated analogue line. The ART statistics for line '201' always show up as Tandem.

I guess that the term tandem comes from the idea that a call that should take up one line actually takes up two - but that's just my guess.

Cheers

Chris

This is interesting because we actually prevent forwarding offnet. I do have FXS ports on my gateway... I use these for fax machines. I wonder if it counts these as tandem...

mdizeo
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that the calls Tandem are called originated from remote gateway to other remote gateway that use the CallManager as intermediate point between origin and destiny.

Well in my situation I have only one gateway routing calls onto the PSTN...

rcola
Level 1
Level 1

Inbound calls that originate outside the Unified Communications Managernetwork, enter the Unified Communications Managernetwork through a gateway, and are transferred outbound from the Unified Communications Manager network through a gateway.

Add .html to the end would not allow me to post the web link.

That comes from https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/11_5_1/car/CUCM_BK_C72B9385_00_cdr-analysis-and-reporting_1151/CUCM_BK_C72B9385_00_cdr-analysis-and-reporting_1151_chapter_010001

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: