Views
Helpful
Replies

on 2621 platform, if the register number was set to 0x21012

hoverge
Level 1
Level 1

then after the router was reloaded, hyper terminal appeared to be blank

now what can I do to configure the register number back to 0x2102?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dgregoir
Level 1
Level 1

The config register set to 0x21012 will boot from flash, but will set the baud rate to 1200. So if you set your hyperterminal to 1200 baud you will be able to get in and change the config register back to 0x2102. To change the config register back you will need to get into global configuration by typing config t and then once in global configuration mode type config-register 0x2102. Now when you look at a show version you should see that next time you reload the config register will change to 0x2102. If you have trouble getting into the router here is a link that will explain changing the jumper to set the baud rate on the console back to 9600.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/701/59.html#band_reset

I hope this helps you get into the router.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dgregoir
Level 1
Level 1

The config register set to 0x21012 will boot from flash, but will set the baud rate to 1200. So if you set your hyperterminal to 1200 baud you will be able to get in and change the config register back to 0x2102. To change the config register back you will need to get into global configuration by typing config t and then once in global configuration mode type config-register 0x2102. Now when you look at a show version you should see that next time you reload the config register will change to 0x2102. If you have trouble getting into the router here is a link that will explain changing the jumper to set the baud rate on the console back to 9600.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/701/59.html#band_reset

I hope this helps you get into the router.

thanks, i got it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: