cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH on remote branch

shane
Level 1
Level 1

I have a centralized Call Manager running 3.2.2spE. My music on hold works great at my central office with internal calls and calls from PSTN using h323 PRI Gateway. But at my remote location only internal calls work with Music On Hold. I have a h323 gateway using 1751-V router with FXO PSTN connectivity. I am not using multicast.

Any Ideas

10 Replies 10

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Yes,

1.Verify the configuration

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/sys_ad/adm_sys/ccmsys/a05moh.htm#xtocid1814418

2.You may be hitting a bug CSCdv43814. As a workaround, check the MTP required check box on the Gateway configuration page and reset the Gateway

Verified all settings. When I check the MTP required and reset gateway, Users cannot hold or transfer.

I will try to make it work with multicasting and see what happens.

I would have a look at Music On Hold Audio Source Configuration Settings and check the MOH Audio Source File Status for g729 file ...I guess you have g729 over WAN, don't you?

I am using g711 across the boards and MOH works when calling from inernal cisco phone to phone at the remote branch just not from the PSTN at the remote branch

Do you have media resource groups configured?

No

Then I would give it a try and configure...

I tried the media resource group and that did not seem to work.

I am going to try to use multicast. Does anyone have any good configs of multicast routing for MOH????? I am using h323 on my gateways.

parker.c
Level 5
Level 5

Are you running the same codec(g711, 729 etc ) network wide? Check your regions and the MOH server config to see if all codecs are highlighted.

CP

g7.11 network wide. Correct. Dont have regions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: