cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMO

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Let me try and explain. Just installed Unity 3.1.5 in a windows 2000 active directory with Exchange 5.5 enviroment. everything seems to be working ok in regards to taking messages lighting lights and things like that, however trying to install the VMO client has been a bear. I first installed VMO on a Desktop computer that is part ot the active diectory domain running windows 2000 pro and office XP, I shut off all anti virus programs, and it seemed to install with no errors. Open outlook and all voice-mails are still an attachment and there is no MMC installed. However under tools all the View mail options are there, there is even shortcut on the tool bar to create a new voice message. When you click on it a new e-mail message apears but again no MMC (I even check to see if Yamaha devices were installed, but no that was not it either). So we though there was some security issues with that Desktop. So the customer brought out his laptop running windows 2000 and office 2000 but his laptop was not part of the Active Directory Domain, I then installed VMO on that machine, but again the same problem. Both times using an administrator account. So I pulled out my laptop running windows 2000 and office 2000, but not connecting to their network , I installed VMO and ran Outlook offline(since I was not connected to my network) and it worked fine. I could create a new voice-message and the MMC was there. Any Ideas what would prevent the MMC from being installed?

thanks

Ken

6 Replies 6

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Are the messages getting downloaded locally somehow and loosing the ipm.note.voice.unity in the process? VMO is looking for that message class to show them as voice messages. You can check the message classes of the voice mails you’re looking at by adding an additional column to the Outlook form to view it.

Thanks,

Keith

I am not sure, however even when you try and create a new voice-message the MMC does not show up.

ken

What are you doing to create the new message? Are you clicking on the yellow and teal New Voice Message icon?

Keith

Yes, exactly, on my laptop (working offline)it works with the MMC, but on theirs it only comes up like a new e-mail, without the MMC.

ken

Ok now the wierd issue is, I created a profile on my laptop that connects to the customers exchange server, we start Outlook, Outlook ask for a username, password and domain, we enter that in, Outlook starts, however the MMC is not there. Shut down oulook, change profiles again, click work offline, start oulook, MMC is working. So I believe it has something to do with their exchange box or active directory. Any Ideas?

thanks

Ken

ok, found the problem, in case anyone wants to know. On the exchange server itself there was a Anti-virus program installed(mcafee net shield) once that was diabled everything worked fine. Problem is now we need to figure out how to implement the Anti-Virus program, and VMO at the same time.

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: