I have a setup with the following:
s0 <- 1720 -> fa0 -> 5 port basic switch <- e0 <- 1720 -> fa0 -> LAN
| | |
VoIP phone adapters (the adapters should acatually be hanging off the switch, but my format is off in the diagram)
1. The s0 interface is connected to a T1
2. The 1720 fa0 is connected to a 5 port switch.
3. The 1721 e0 is connected to the same switch
4. There are 3 VoIP phone adapters connected to the same switch
5. The 1721 fao is the default gateway of the LAN.
The config of the 1720 is:
10.10.10.1/29 (subnet for VOip phone adapters)
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 184.108.40.206
The config of the 1721 is:
route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.10.10.9
With this setup, I cannot ping, telnet or have any communication between the 1720 fa0 and the 1721 e0. I believe part of the problem is that the secondary address is not seen as routable so the gateway on the 1721 should actually be 10.10.10.1 (the primary of the interface). Can anyone help me with this config? Do I need a switch that does VLANs?