Helpful
Replies

Unity cannot update create new Exchange profiles

raortega
Level 1
Level 1

Here's the skinny...

ADS, Off the Box Exchange, Unity.

I am able to search existing users and begin to create new ones; however, when I try to change a user, it seems to allow this but the changes do not stick. When I go to add a newly imported user, I get an unrecognized error.

Checked the app event log and found this:

AVDirSynch_MC

Skipping synchronization cycle due to error connecting to LDAP server. Ensure that the server is accessible, Exchange services are running on the server, and the monitor service account is configured correctly.

I believe the LDAP server is accessable however.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards and Thanks,

-Ray Ortega

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

You can check to make sure Unity is pointing at a correct DC/GC by checking these values in the registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchGlobalCatalog\1.00\Directory\DefaultGlobalCatalogServer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Directory Connectors\DirSynchAD\1.00\Domains\\DefaultDomainController

If one is incorrect fix it and then do the following:

1. On the Cisco Unity server, browse to the location where Cisco Unity is installed (the default is C:\CommServer), and then browse to the TechTools folder.

2. Run DohPropTest.exe.

3. In the DohPropTest Logon dialog box, leave the Password box empty, and click OK.

4. On the warning dialog box, click Ignore to start the read-only mode of DohPropTest.

5. Click GC Monitor or AD Monitor to display the Directory Monitor dialog box, and click TotalResync.

6. Close DohPropTest.

Hope that helps,

Keith

Keith,

It worked like a Champ!!!

THanks for your help

Regards,

-Ray Ortega

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: