Views
Helpful
Replies

Management Products??

sketterman
Level 1
Level 1

I am seeking a network management solution that will:

1. monitor and alert me of any significant events on WAN/LAN links from my routers/switches

2. Not break the bank!!

Any advice or links very appreciated.

7 Replies 7

wodriscoll
Level 1
Level 1

hi..

either ciscoworks for windows 6.2 ( which is what`s up gold and cisocview and threshold manager)...which is good for upto 250 devices

or

solarwinds at www.solarwinds.net ....again good for small networks

hth

Thank you for the advice. I use MRTG currently and it is amazing. For a free tool, it took some work to get it configured the way I wanted it, but it's definitely worth it!! I will take a look at Solar Winds since MRTG does not have those capabilities.

I can get you a good price on SolarWinds. I am a reseller for them. Let me know. sd@gceng.net

You may want to check out www.linmor.com a pay as you grow PM solution for layers 2 and 3

or contact jose.burgos@linmor.com for more info.

s.coyle
Level 1
Level 1

I'd agree with the above too - SolarWinds has a loyal following - but would suggest looking at What'sUp Gold alone to monitor the interfaces connected to your links. It's not free, but worth the price. If you outgrow it then HP NNM springs to mind if you have the £, $ or E's.

Could also have a SYSLOG server running on an old PC/UNIX box and forwarding SYSLOGs from the switches. This should highlight any up/downs and any other 'nasties', but may require some scripting to say " if syslog message X arrives then do action Y " or whatever. If you have access to a Linux fiend/freak/anorak/deviant then I'm sure they can rustle something up for two pints and a bag of scratchins...

...then there's MRTG which would monitor (but not alert without some playing around)...and costs nowt.

joburgos
Level 1
Level 1

Check out www.linmor.com or contact jose.burgos.burgos@linmor.com regarding performance monitoring that won't break the bank. Need to know how many devices you wish to monitor. Only pay for the devices you wish to monitor. i.e. 100 devices, 9,500.00US 1U rack mounted appliance.

madhusudhan_ks
Level 1
Level 1

HPOV - NNM is certainly the best one...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco