cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Concentrator 3030 and PIX 501 - Windows Domain login Problem

luiscg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIx 501(in a Cablem modem) creating a vpn tunnel (IPSEC), in Client Mode, to a Cisco 3030 Concentrator. I am not able to log into our windows domain (problem registering the workstation behind the PIX). I am able to ping the Domain Controler, and everything else seems to work fine.

Any idea in how to solve this?

If my laptop is behind the PIX I can log into the domain with the accounts that were previously logged in in the LAN, no other account can do it. I can map drives, and run loggin scripts. But the problem seems to be the ability to register the workstation in the domain, and allow a new user to log into the domain using the workstation(laptop).

I am not able to ping the ip assigned to the PIX 501.

Do I need NEM too allow this kind of communication to happen? As soon as I switch to NEM mode, I don't have communication with the corporate network, the session appears alive in the 3030 (Monitoring|Sessions) , but no IP was assigned to the PIX. What do I need in my Concentrator to make NEM work? (other that allow NEM authentication).

any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Luis

1 Reply 1

mike-greene
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, Can you post your 501 config....this might help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: