cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

timeout on speaker phone calls

robynh
Level 1
Level 1

When someone uses their speakerphone for a call and the person at the other end is quiet, the phone will hang up on them after about 10 to 15 minutes. Is there a timer I can adjust to keep that from happening? In this case, it's usually a phone in a courtroom where there is an attorney at the other end of the line and the attorney is listening to testimony and being quiet. I'm using CallManager 3.1.3a and this happens with 7960 and the conference phone models.

Thanks!

Robyn Alton

1 Reply 1

eyabane
Level 1
Level 1

i have seen something close to this before.

in my case it was while testing the 7960 with a third party Gateway. it turns out that the 7960 IP Phones don't support RTCP port monitoring, which allows the remote end to disconnect the call if no RTP from this end (7960). During my test, the RTCP timeout was set to a lower value, so the call disconnected much earlier. you might want to see if RTCP timeout is in use on the Conference phone system and what it is set to. From speacking to cisco TAC, i think the RTCP timeout is not supported (and is not queued for implementation) on the 7960.

E.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: