cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote VPN client supported on PIX 501?

daniel.kline
Level 1
Level 1

Is the Cisco VPN client supported on the PIX 501? If so, what versions are supported? Does anyone have a working sample config they could share for remote (dynamic) vpn clients accessing a Cisco PIX Firewall?

Kind Regards,

Dan

3 Replies 3

wolfrikk
Level 3
Level 3

The Cisco VPN Client does work on the PIX 501. I have used both in a test environment together. I will have to get the configuration file I used off of another computer. Can you send me an email to wolfrikk@juno.com to so I have your email address, and when I find the config file this weekend, I will send it to you.

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dan,

Here is the URL that explains how to set up an IPSec tunnel between a Pix and Remote Client.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/pix3000.html

Regards,

Arul

Thank you, Arul. I did stumble upon this URL after I posted this message. The VPN configurations get a little confusing with compatibility and configuration issues between the varying versions of PIX OS and VPN Client (IPSec, L2TP, PPTP) software, not to mention the various VPN Concentrator and Router IOS VPN software. I am working primarily on firewalls with PIX OS version 6.1 and higher. I assume that the Cisco VPN (IPSec) Client 3.6 is the recommended client software.

Regards,

Dan

dan.kline@networksvcs.net

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: