cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Secure 3.1replication

jjnetworks
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with CS3.1 where the database replication fails. Both servers have been setup according to the online docs

I get "denied replication request" on the primary and "Inbound database replication from ACS denied" on the secondary

Anyone had any issues with this?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

mchin345
Level 6
Level 6

Check the following steps to check your Database configuration

Make sure you have set the server correctly as either Send or Receive.

On the sending server, make sure the receiving server is in the Replication list.

On the receiving server, make sure the sending server is selected in the Accept Replication from list.

Make sure that the replication schedule on the sending Cisco Secure ACS is not conflicting with the replication schedule on the receiving Cisco Secure ACS.

If the receiving server has dual network cards, on the sending server add a AAA server to the AAA Servers table in Network

Configuration for every IP address of the receiving server. If the sending server has dual network cards, on the receiving server add a AAA server to the AAA Servers table in Network Configuration for every IP address of the receiving server.

For more details check the following URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008010216a.html#211247

I have had this working in the past with ver 2.6. Just can't get the servers to replicate. I've checked what is suggested, but to no avail. I have now raised the issue with our SE

Thanks for your reply

Actually the previous post was a little incorrect. On the receiving server make sure the primary server is NOT included in the Replication Partners section. This had to be the case in v2.6 and earlier, but it changed in 3.0. Remove the primary from the Partners list and then see how you go.

Thank you. That did the trick!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: