Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing extensions across Unity servers

lkrol
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We have 2 Unity servers in different clusters that are tied together through AD.

We can send messages to users from voicemail, but we can't dial the user by extension from any greeting or callhandler.

Also, we can dial by name across unity servers.

Is there any way to dial a subscriber's extension from another Unity server?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Be sure to include your Unity version here... I'm assuming 3.1(1) or later here...

You'll want to ensure both Unity servers are added to the same dialing domain (set on the primary location object of each Unity server via the SA). You'll also want to make sure you have your "Auto Attendant Search Scope" set to "1" - by default this key is missing (or "0") which means all ID lookups when dialing from the audo attendant are restricted to objects on the local Unity server. The Advanced Settings Tool (found in the tools depot) allows you to set this to 1 such that ID lookups will include subscribers across Unity servers in the same dialing domain.

A dialing domain, by the way, means that all extensions across all those Unity servers in that dialing domain must be unique and there is no need to dial a trunk access code to reach them - I assume that's the case here but thought I'd point it out.

Great!

I've found the setting.

The version of Unity is 3.1.5 and all the extensions are unique across the dialing domain.

Thank you very much!