Views
Helpful
Replies

LEAP ,PEAP and TTLS

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello ,

I wanted to know is there any client that supports LEAP or PEAP or TTLS.In other words we are trying to use Cisco aironet access points and was just wondering with is the best security policy that can be implemented with 3rd party client cards.As far as I know there is no client card that supports LEAP.Should we go with PEAP or TTLS.

Any help on this will be really good.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

ndoshi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Leap is supported by Cisco client card and other noncisco vendor who has leap licencse like airport card ....

If you have card which does not support leap I will say go for eap tls if you think

it is not process intensive ....if you fins it is very process intensive and too many steps to configre go for peap ...

Leap is light weigth , eap tls is high cpu intesive and peap comes in middle

of both .

with peap you have choise if you want to use microsoft peap supplicant or Cisco ...peap is alsoway to go ...It is admin decision which one is more suitable in their environment . .....

Peap uses username and password for client and cerificate for server so if you do not want to load certificate on each client peap is way to go ....

in eap tls both client and server needs certificate so each client needs certficate ....

Nilesh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card