Catalyst 4006 Series Switches

Answered Question
Feb 20th, 2003
User Badges:

Can someone tell me how many c4gwy blades can exist in a 4006? Right now, we have two 4006s each with a Supervisor engine and a c4gwy. Each c4gwy has two digital T1s, since that is all a c4gwy supports. We need more digital T1 density and would like to fill the remaining 4 blades with more c4gwys.

Thanks,

WB

Correct Answer by p.krane about 14 years 5 months ago

I am using three numbers of cat 4000 AGM modules in my setup. And in case you are using the all the T1 lines for Data in that case, You need a 48 Port inline Fast ethernet card for your setup to handle the bulk traffic.

And it can support five numbers of Cat 4k AGM as T1 lines restriction is dependent on the AGM module and not on the Cat 4006 chassis

Hope this helps

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
p.krane Wed, 02/26/2003 - 10:15
User Badges:

I am using three numbers of cat 4000 AGM modules in my setup. And in case you are using the all the T1 lines for Data in that case, You need a 48 Port inline Fast ethernet card for your setup to handle the bulk traffic.

And it can support five numbers of Cat 4k AGM as T1 lines restriction is dependent on the AGM module and not on the Cat 4006 chassis

Hope this helps

Actions

This Discussion