cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IDS 3.0 (5) Password Recovery

vikrantarora
Level 1
Level 1

I have hardware cisco ids 3.0(5) installed in catalyst switch 6509. I dont know the password, and request help in recovering the same.

3 Replies 3

steve.barlow
Level 7
Level 7

Not 100% sure for the IDSM, but for the IDS this is what you do: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/474/34.html

Hope it helps.

Steve

The doc u have refered is for Solaris-based Cisco Secure IDS Sensor . I have a ctalyst switch with cisco hardware ids physically installed and the only way i can get into it is via telnet/sessioning.

I am new to cisco and would appreciate an ealborate reply if any.

If you have only lost your password for the Application Partition then the recovery method is to boot into the Maintenance Partition and reload/re-image the Application Partition. This will re-image the harddrive and set the password back to the default. You then need to go back through intitial configuration and upgrades to get back to 3.0(5)Sx, and then push your configuration from the management box.

Refer to the User Guide on how to reload the Application Partition.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: