Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Router getting SYS-4-SNMP_WRITENET entry in log file

Answered Question
Feb 27th, 2003
User Badges:

I recently took over our router monitoring. I am also running Ciscoworks. The log entry is %SYS-4-SNMP_WRITENET: SNMP WriteNet request. Writing current configuration to xxx.xxx.xx.xx (which is my Ciscoworks server).

Is this my router configuration file being copied to my Ciscoworks server? What is triggering this request. It happens every Thursday at midnight.

Thanks in advance, Gayle, SRA International

Correct Answer by rmushtaq about 14 years 5 months ago

The configuration archive automatically detects when a configuration change is made and retrieves the new version of the device configuration. The configuration archive can be updated with configuration changes in three ways:

- The change probe process listens to network changes, for example, syslog messages. When a configuration change is detected, the archive retrieves the latest configuration.

- You schedule a manual retrieval of all configurations.

- You specify an SNMP poll of the configuration MIB.

You can modify how and when the configuration archive retrieves configurations. Under RME->Administration->Configuration Management->General Setup->Change Probe Setup. more details are in the on-line help.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
rmushtaq Thu, 02/27/2003 - 16:17
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

The configuration archive automatically detects when a configuration change is made and retrieves the new version of the device configuration. The configuration archive can be updated with configuration changes in three ways:

- The change probe process listens to network changes, for example, syslog messages. When a configuration change is detected, the archive retrieves the latest configuration.

- You schedule a manual retrieval of all configurations.

- You specify an SNMP poll of the configuration MIB.

You can modify how and when the configuration archive retrieves configurations. Under RME->Administration->Configuration Management->General Setup->Change Probe Setup. more details are in the on-line help.

Actions

This Discussion