cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity - Default subscriber and administrator configuration(s)

babitl01
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for the default configuration(s) for default subscriber and default administrator for Unity 3.1 (build 3.1.(3). The tech tips I've read all reference this, however the actual configurations are not easily found. Thanks much, Lynda

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you head out to www.CiscoUnityTools.com and download the latest version of dbWalker, one of the things it can do is recreate the default subscriber templates for you using the same scripts the setup uses. This is the easiest way to clean up the templates.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

The deafault administrator account is created based of the default administrator template, and the default subscriber account is based off of the default subscriber template. Of course if these templates have been modified since the original installation then you have nothing to base their default settings on.

Is there a particuliar subscriber setting in question that you would like the out of the box default setting for these accounts?

The original templates have been compromised and I am looking for what they were when they were installed from the get go. We have multiple Unity systems and my confidence is very slim as to what the REAL template looked like before changes were made. Can you help with this? :)

If you head out to www.CiscoUnityTools.com and download the latest version of dbWalker, one of the things it can do is recreate the default subscriber templates for you using the same scripts the setup uses. This is the easiest way to clean up the templates.

Thank you. I have the latest dbwalker loaded. If there are users currently associated with the sub or admin default templates, I will change the name of the COS to something more realistic, do a bulk edit update to change those CH and subscribers, test and then load the original version of the sub and admin's. Correct? Any other suggestions?

Take this as a suggestion in that future releases of the software, Cisco does not allow anyone - not even the Administrator - to change the default templates. These should always remain as they were when first installed. It provides a base for troubleshooting, if nothing else. This may already be included in future releases, however we are operating on an older version with an upgrade planned for this year. Looking forward to more robust features as we move forward with this application.

Lynda

Couple problems here.

Users are not associated with templates. You create a user with a template but after that there's no conenction back to the template - it's just used for setting default values.

You do not need to worry about any class of service changes here - no need to rename them or anything else. Recreating the default templates will have no effect on these - just make sure after those templates are created that you make sure the COSes you want are associated with the templates before creating subscribers with them.

No need to bulk edit anything here.

No, restricting folks from editing the templates is not an option. As noted, those templates are used for setting subscriber defauls and sites want to customize stuff like that - it shouldn't be possible to "break" a template and we already have them marked such that they can't be deleted (at least not through the SA interface). There's been a few back end issues here and there that have caused them to get corrupted from time to time in previous version which is likely how you got into this state. Locking them down, however, is not the solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: