cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I do this while switch is powered-up?

abatson
Level 1
Level 1

Can I take my SUP-II card in my CAT6513, and pop it out of the chassis *while its running*, if the SUP is in standby mode, and the MSFC on the card is 'invisible' (not listed under 'show module') therefore obviously not moving packets? --Attempting a cold power reset of the SUP-II to clear the invisibility problem, before plowing thru the recovery process....

-alex

3 Replies 3

efrahim
Level 4
Level 4

if it is standby sup then it shouldn't cause any problems. but if you can't see the second msfc, then try this recovery process n see if that helps even without taking out the sup..

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/473/124.html

I tried the tips in this paper. Plugging into the console port yields nothing. The MSFC is not in ROMMON mode, since I don't get a ROMMON prompt. I cant' issue the command 'session 15' -- it tells me that slot #15 is not installed. the failed MSFC definitly is on the standby SUP. I'll pop it out if it won't cause harm to the network....

if it is in the second slot, the session will be 16 not 15. Even if it is standby sup, do switch console 16 and then console in the switch and see if that helps. But if you really want to take it out- make sure you don;t have any connections on your uplink ports, other than that it should be transparent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: