Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

User unable to access his voice mail thru phone

Hi all,

Its unity 3.1. Today suddenly user got the fail safe message. Unity did not log any events in the event viewer. I double checked that. Now how do i proceed. I tried deleting that user successfully and recreatng his mail box. It worked for a while only..maybe 8-9 hrs. After that he gets the same message that system cannot process his request.....Please reply ASAP.

Thanks

Senthil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I ran a query on the forum for the 0x8004000c error. Other folks have seen this before and it seems in some cases it seems to be related to moving mailboxes around. For eg check this link -

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.ee828d6/3#selected_message

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can pretty much guarantee that any failsafe condition will generate a write to the event log. If there's no event, either the event log has looped over and is overwriting itself, or it wasn't really a failsafe condition.

Is it happening now? What exactly did the caller hear? When in the Unity conversation did they hear it? What were they doing in Unity at the time?

Caller heard that the operation cannot be performed at this time. He is trying to access his vm to retrive his voice mail. And his MWI alone is not working properly. And FYI this user alone does not have VMO.

I guess what I was getting at was exactly when did they hear the failsafe conversation? Before entering their password? After? After the inital message count? Before listening to messages? During?

Without details like that, we won't have much to go on.

So if I understand this right, the problem is only with one subscriber. Additionally this suscriber does not have their MWI working. Also recreating the subscriber had things working for 8 hours and then stopped again.

Here are two things to check -

1) Run DBWalker on this Unity machine. See if there are errors associated this particular subscriber.

2) Please walk us thorugh what happens when the susbcriber dials in. I will be interested in knowing where in the process are they hearing the failsafe. Also look in the application event log again to see if there are any event log errors during the timeframe of the subscriber logging into Unity.

REcreating the problem again, we noticed these errors on the log.

First Error:

AvConvMsg_MC

Event ID 10002

IAvDohMailUser::get_PrimaryMailbox returned [0x8004000c] on line 209 of file h:\commsvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 4

Subscriber Display Name : vm21454

Subscriber Alias : vm21454

Running conversation SubMsgCount on Port 4

Second Error:

AvConvMsg_MC

Event ID 10002

GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8004000c] on line 108 of file h:\commsvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 4

Subscriber Display Name : vm21454

Subscriber Alias : vm21454

Running conversation SubMsgCount on Port 4

Is the users mailbox over limit or exceptionally large?

Also i am not able to run the dbwalker for 2.x i downloaded from the answermonkey.net.

It gives me error. Also a new 5.5 exchange server is added to the domain, is there any datbase replication failure. my unity is 2.4.6.135

I ran a query on the forum for the 0x8004000c error. Other folks have seen this before and it seems in some cases it seems to be related to moving mailboxes around. For eg check this link -

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.ee828d6/3#selected_message

That error message can come up for a lot of reasons. If this was working at one time and then stopped, it's possible there's a security issue; Unity has been recently locked out of something. Can you post the MS OS patches that have been applied on the system? You can find them in the control panel under add/remove programs. If you can list the numbers, that'd be great.

Restarting the unity fixed the issue.

Thanks for all your help.

senthil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: