how can i force busyout on this voice port

the command is not there at all.

by the way this is on AS5350

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

The busy out feature in Cisco IOS is available in various flavors some of which are supported on a AS5350 are:

1.Advanced Voice Busyout (AVBO)

2.Gateway Support for Advanced Busy Out for Gatekeeper Registration

3.Local Voice Busyout (LVBO)

The Cisco IOS version for the AS5350 which has all the above features are:

12.2(15)T

12.2(13)T

12.2(13)T3

12.2(13)T1

Are you using any of these IOS versions, if so, you should surely be able to configure the busy out on your router.

If not, then you could probably upgarde the IOS to any of the above.

The configuration commands for the same are explained in the following document.

Assigning a Voice Class to a DS-0/PRI Groups

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guide09186a00800879da.html#1120607

I hope this info will be useful.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

The busy out feature in Cisco IOS is available in various flavors some of which are supported on a AS5350 are:

1.Advanced Voice Busyout (AVBO)

2.Gateway Support for Advanced Busy Out for Gatekeeper Registration

3.Local Voice Busyout (LVBO)

The Cisco IOS version for the AS5350 which has all the above features are:

12.2(15)T

12.2(13)T

12.2(13)T3

12.2(13)T1

Are you using any of these IOS versions, if so, you should surely be able to configure the busy out on your router.

If not, then you could probably upgarde the IOS to any of the above.

The configuration commands for the same are explained in the following document.

Assigning a Voice Class to a DS-0/PRI Groups

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guide09186a00800879da.html#1120607

I hope this info will be useful.

Thanks.

tks very much for your reply

i have the The Cisco IOS version 12.2(13)T1

i understand that i have to config a voice-class busyout , but the thing is i have more then 10 IPs for generation and it seems that the only way to busy them out is across a probe monitor and i have to put all those IPs in so in case one of them is down the busyout is triggered right?

are there any simple way like the one apllied in voice port with the command "busyout forced"

thanks again

P.S:if no other way i will use this one no problem

If you truly want to busy out the entire interface, you can do this:

interface Serial3/2:23

isdn busy dsl 0 b_channel 0

This will busy out the entire interface. You can selectively busy out some B channels only, but this is rarely useful. This is also doable with the "isdn service" command. These commands may not be stored in the configuration, and may not persist across a reboot (I think at least "isdn service" isn't stored).

The DSL value will nearly always be zero unless you are using NFAS (Non-Facility Associated Signalling), where one D channel controls more than one PRI circuit. Check "show isdn status" to confirm the DSL value.

For more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008007ffda.html#1017517

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: