cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 AP 350 connected to a Catalyst 2950 at the same VLAN...

seba333
Level 1
Level 1

I have two AP 350 connected to a Catalyst 2950 at VLAN 3.

This is the problem... if one user is working with his notebook (connected to AP 1) and starts walking to the other office so AP 2 would have to take control of the connection... how does Catalyst stop sending traffic to port fa 0/1 and starts sending traffic to port 0/2 where the AP 2 is connected???

Do I do myself clear???

I think it could be a good idea to set the mac address-table aging-time to 0 for VLAN 3. So VLAN would start working as a hub, sending traffic to all its ports.

But in practice this could not be done.

I am working with two AP 350, Catalyst 2950 and IOS 12.1(13)EA1

I really need your help!!!

2 Replies 2

bbaley
Level 3
Level 3

I beleive the "mac address-table aging-time" is for the Cat3000, 4000, and 6000. Look at this URL for the command needed for your 2950. http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c2900xl/29_35xu/olhelp/addrmgmt.htm#Changing%20the%20Aging%20Time

dave.reid
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know where it's documented (nor did I look), but my understanding is that when a client associates to a Cisco AP, the AP will generate a broadcast using the client MAC address, thus populating MAC forwarding tables in the switches.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card