cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 515 upgrade

Paul.Lane
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded our PIX 515 from 5.3(4) to 6.2(2). I did it to try to take advantage of the PDM. I noticed that after the upgrade, it seemed more sluggish in my preliminary testing [Going out and coming in, loading web pages, etc.]. It's a PIX-515, 64 MB RAM, CPU Pentium 200 MHz, Flash 16MB. Also Active FTP would not work from outside to inside the FW. Active FTP worked with the older version, but not the newer one. Has anyone experienced this behavior before? Is there a fix?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

mpalardy
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Paul,

Sounds like a similar problem I had with FTP when upgrading to 622. A bug was fixed in PIX 614 an later version. This fixed bug is related with nas/port in ACS. You might have to use nas/port=* instead of nas/port=21.

What does your syslog say when attempting to authenticate FTP traffic thru FW ?

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my delay in responding. I was forced to fall back to the older version. I don't think I'll be able to test it again to the middle of next month. I will try to make it work your suggestion.

Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card