cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1721 Bridge Configuration

ariederer26
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1 central location with a 1721 router, and one remote location with another 1721 router joined by a T1. This has already been setup. These are configured strictly as a bridge. We have added a third remote location to join only the central location with another T1 and a 1721. I added another T1 DSU/CSU to the central located router. Again this needs to be setup as a bridge only. What do I have to add to the configuration of the central bridge for this configuration?

1 Reply 1

donewald
Level 6
Level 6

Since you already must have a bridge group defined for your current setup just add this bridge group (#) to your Serial interface to your other remote location. This would take care of your central site. You'd then need to configure your new remote for bridging on the appropriate interfaces as well. If you need to separate the two remote locations then you'll need to create a second bridge group on your central router that will be assigned to it's connecting interfaces.

Hope this helps you,

Don

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: