cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Newbie

metro10
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking into setting up VPN access for 5-10 home users on DSL/cable into my company's network. I'm a software guy, but there's nobody else here to do this type of work. I've been handling simple router (3600, 1700) and firewall (PIX 515) configs, but I need to get educated on VPN quick. What is the cheapest and easiest VPN solution to provide VPN access to home users. I apologize in advance for my ignorance and appreciate any help or recommendations anyone can give.

Thanks,

Danny

2 Replies 2

jwilder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Danny,

I there are two options that I would recommend to you based on your information. I would first recommend the 3005 VPN Concentrator. However, if you plan on a future growth need then I would recommend getting a basic 3015 VPN Concentrator so that you can easily add SIPs for upgrading more users. The 3015 is a fair price for what you get and easily configurable with a web browser.

Just my two cents I hope it helps!

Good Luck!

Jeff

wolfrikk
Level 3
Level 3

The VPN concentrator is a very good option. It hanles VPN traffic better than a software VPN, but a VPN Server would be another possible option with cost conciderations in mind. One of your existing servers may support VPN, and be a valid option if the resources on that server are low. You would have to open up the correct ports on our PIX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: