MOH does not work on PSTN

Unanswered Question
Mar 25th, 2003
User Badges:

Hello,

I have a wird problem.

I configured MOH server and uploaded some MOH files, which are from MOH CD.

When I try to hold someone localy it work fine.

Whne I try to hold someone who is calling me through h323 gateway and I hold him, the caller does not hear the music.

h323 geteway is 2621 with 2xE1 ports and 12.2.11T software.

How can I solve the problem?

Best regards,

Aleksander Kocelj

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
marinaibm Tue, 03/25/2003 - 08:56
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

If Media Resource groups are being used, ensure that the MoH server is part of the Media Resource Group, and that the Group belongs to a Media Resource List. Also, check that your IP Phone belongs to the Media Resource List.

If, after verifying the MoH configuration as described in Music On Hold Configuration Checklist ( http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/sys_ad/adm_sys/ccmsys/a05moh.htm#xtocid1814418 ), there is still no MoH delivered to PSTN callers, then you may be encountering the following DDTS: CSCdv43814. As a workaround, check the MTP required check box on the Gateway configuration page and reset the Gateway.

p.kulkarni Wed, 03/26/2003 - 10:57
User Badges:

this might be a codec translation issue at the gateway router. i tried using the MTP check but then the phones do not go on hold at all. the best way I could manage is have a voice-class codec defined with voice codes in preferences for g711 aluw, ulaw & g729. apply this codec class to voip leg & that shud resolve your issue.

Actions

This Discussion