cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VNC

john.dammann
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to install VNC on a Unity 4.0 server and see nothing that states it is approved or not approved. Since VNC is now shipped as part of the install (under C:\Utils) on your standard CM install (your choice to use it) I would like to be consistant with the remote capabilities for my cluster. I would rather NOT have TermServices, VNC, PCAnywhere, etc... all loaded for remote support and have to hope between all.

Any suggestions, recomendation, or experience with VNC on a Unity box?

thanks,

JD

1 Reply 1

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Several members of engineering and I use VNC extensively. Personally I find terminal services is a better solution hands down however VNC does offers a means to get at the console of the machine remotely were terminal services does not. With that said, it has not been officially qualified and my understanding is that it isn't particularly secure. If you choose to use it just be advised that if it were to cause a problem twith Unity we would ask you to remove it.

Hope that helps,

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: