Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Transfer doesn’t work

Hi to all

I have Unity 3.1 Build 3.1(5) and CCM 3.1(3a). On gateway is codec g711ulaw set. I can send voicemail, communicate over phone with Unity, but Call Transfer does not work. Any of options doesn’t work.

Any suggestions?

With regards

Dubravko

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like you want to set the forwarding on that phone. There's a difference between transferring and forwarding. The transfer settings in Unity are for when a caller is in voice mail (that, is Unity has answered an incoming call), now if a caller dials the DTMF ID of the subscriber, what does Unity do: transfer the caller to that phone or not. That's the call transfer settings in Unity.

For calling the phone directly, you'll want to set up forwarding on that phone and that's controlled by CallManager. Does that make sense?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you give an example call flow including the call transfer options? Can you provide what you want to happen and what is instead happening?

Hi thanks for replying.

1 Example: Subcriber - Call Transfer - Transfer incoming calls to subscriber's phone? - No (send directly to subscriber's greeting)

When I call from internal number or PSTN 7940 only rings.

2 Example:

Transfer incoming calls to subscriber's phone?

Yes, ring subscriber's extension:

Transfer type:

Supervise transfer

Rings to wait for 2

When I call from internal number or PSTN 7940 only rings.

That is with all options in call transfer

My Voice number is 272. When I forward calls to 272 I hear greetings and I can leave message which come to my Inbox.

Thanks for help

It sounds like you want to set the forwarding on that phone. There's a difference between transferring and forwarding. The transfer settings in Unity are for when a caller is in voice mail (that, is Unity has answered an incoming call), now if a caller dials the DTMF ID of the subscriber, what does Unity do: transfer the caller to that phone or not. That's the call transfer settings in Unity.

For calling the phone directly, you'll want to set up forwarding on that phone and that's controlled by CallManager. Does that make sense?

Hi

Yes, that make sense. Thanks for assistant.

With regards

Dubravko