Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Can Unity Inbox use the PC Speakers?

Unanswered Question
Apr 3rd, 2003
User Badges:

I am running Unity 4, and now have Personal Communications Assistant running. I looked at messages in my inbox, using the web interface, etc. and I tried to listen to one, and it asked me for an extension, and Unity server address. Now I would like to use the PC speakers so that I can use this remotely to listen to my v-mail. Do you have to enable something on Internet explorer to make this work? I can't see anywhere that you change this after I was prompted for the extension. What happens if you want to change to another extension?

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
lindborg Thu, 04/03/2003 - 16:00
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Check out the training videos for 4.0(1) here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_Unity401TOI.htm

There's several for the PCA including one that goes through all the stuff you can do in the inbox. Short story you select the little down arrow on the media master control (the little VCR looking thing) which lets you select the playback device (phone vs. media device) and to change your extension number and the like.

pnohelty Thu, 04/03/2003 - 18:52
User Badges:

OK, I give, I went through the training videos, and have looked high and low in the PCA web client and I can find the media master control. I have used this in the outlook client, but I can't find it in the web client. Can you steer me in the right direction?

Thanks

Pete

lindborg Thu, 04/03/2003 - 19:56
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

I'm not real sure what to tell you here... in the inbox when you go to play a voice mail the form that comes up has the same media master control used in the SA and the VMO form right there... same deal if you're editing your greetings or voice name, the page that comes up has the media master control on it. Not real sure where you're looking here...

pnohelty Fri, 04/04/2003 - 05:00
User Badges:

Found it using the down arrow. It doesn't have the VCR like picture though, this is what was throwing me off. I found it in the SA pages like you referenced and then found it that way.

Thanks

Pete

Actions

This Discussion