cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can 7905g pickup calls from pickup group

roberts
Level 1
Level 1

Can the 7905G as a member of a call pickup group pickup the calls. We have a customer w/analog phones hanging from an ICS7550 which does not allow analog phones to pickup calls even if they are a member of call pickup groups. We are replacing them with thhe 7905G but the product spec sheet does not indicate if call pickup works.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

ksilva
Level 1
Level 1

I think you might be able to modify the phone button template on the phones, like you can on the 7910. I haven't had a chance to deal with a 7905 yet.

rfrome
Level 1
Level 1

Call Pickup is not one of the supported features for that phone.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_data_sheet09186a00800c835a.html

Features available are:

Single Line/Directory Number (DN)

Calling name and number display

Call Waiting

Call Forward

Call Transfer

Three-way calling (conference)

On-hook dialing, Pre-Dialing, and Off-hook dialing

Redial

Call hold

Call monitor (speaker-only, no microphone)

"Messages" soft key allows access to voice mail messages

Four Speed dials configurable at the Call Manager

If you need call pickup or group call pickup in a low end phone i would recommend the 7910.

Thanks. However, in the data sheet of the 7905g it states "Examples of currently available features include:" and then lists what you list (hence my query to this post). The 7910 sheet also does not include call pickup capabilities, but a speed dial key can be programmed. Cisco's literature on the ICS7750 says analog devices *are* "configurable for call pickup groups) however, they cannot be used to pick up calls.

I'm not convinced on the data sheet that it is not configurable.

Do you have any other reason to state otherwise other than the data sheet.

Your reply is much appreciated.

Robert,

The 7910 does support call Pickup as the template is configuarble as descibed here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00800945d7.shtml

The 7905 however, does not have that functionality. If you look at the 7905 Template, it is not configurable.

In regards, to analog phones, you CAN added them to a call pick up group, but the phones themselves can not use the feature. For instance, the analog phone can be part of the pickup group. When it gets a call, you can use an IP phone to pickup the ringing call.

Thanks for the clarification on this.

-Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: