Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

phone name does not change in ccmuser despite change in admin???

Unanswered Question
Apr 9th, 2003
User Badges:

i have reassigned a previously registered phone to a new directory number. i changed the name in the phone configuration and directory number configuration screens. i have reset and power cycled the phone. regardless, the old phone name appears in the ccmuser screen under the words "Cisco CallManager User Options Menu". It says "Welcome <OLD PHONE NAME>.

the new phone name appears properly when calling other phones, or when calling this phone and is functioning normally. it is incorrect only in this screen.

since this is for the technically savvy CEO, it must change.

any suggestions?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
g.mattson Wed, 04/09/2003 - 08:35
User Badges:

It appears as though the old CallManager directory user is still associated with the device. Have you checked the Global Directory settings?

openpeak Wed, 04/09/2003 - 09:32
User Badges:

The Global Directory settings were incorrect, however I could not change them. Any suggestions?

g.mattson Thu, 04/10/2003 - 04:43
User Badges:

I agree with Dave, the directory name cannot be modified so you will need to delete and recreate the user.

anderson-david Thu, 04/10/2003 - 02:46
User Badges:

i presume you are meaning changing a name in global directory and associating it to a phone, this cannot be done. what you have to do is enter a new user and delete the old (if now not needed) then associate it to the phone. then when the user logs into ccmuser he/she will get welcome fredbloggs (or whatever the user name is

hope this helps

dave

Actions

This Discussion