cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

phone name does not change in ccmuser despite change in admin???

openpeak
Level 1
Level 1

i have reassigned a previously registered phone to a new directory number. i changed the name in the phone configuration and directory number configuration screens. i have reset and power cycled the phone. regardless, the old phone name appears in the ccmuser screen under the words "Cisco CallManager User Options Menu". It says "Welcome <OLD PHONE NAME>.

the new phone name appears properly when calling other phones, or when calling this phone and is functioning normally. it is incorrect only in this screen.

since this is for the technically savvy CEO, it must change.

any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

g.mattson
Level 1
Level 1

It appears as though the old CallManager directory user is still associated with the device. Have you checked the Global Directory settings?

The Global Directory settings were incorrect, however I could not change them. Any suggestions?

I agree with Dave, the directory name cannot be modified so you will need to delete and recreate the user.

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

i presume you are meaning changing a name in global directory and associating it to a phone, this cannot be done. what you have to do is enter a new user and delete the old (if now not needed) then associate it to the phone. then when the user logs into ccmuser he/she will get welcome fredbloggs (or whatever the user name is

hope this helps

dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: