commit_redundancy script and SSL modules

Answered Question

I have a number of redundant pairs of 11500s with SSL modules in. When trying to sync the config using the commit_redundancy script it fails at the verification stage. Manually comparing the two running configs it appears that all the config is being replicated except that relating to the SSL config.

Is this a known 'problem' and is there a quicker solution than manually copying the config? - it's a rather laborious task :(

Correct Answer by vkasacavage about 14 years 4 months ago

I have problems with the commit redundancy script as well, so I do it by hand. I'm currently working on compressing the script to be totally automatic and simple....but need to play with the replace_text function.

For the most part, here is my procedure

ftp the config to workstation

modify the config

ftp the config back to primary css

now the next 2 commands I borrowed from the commit script

@rcmd ${backupIp} "rcmd ${MASTER_IP} 'show script tmp.cfg' 20 newconfig" 20

@rcmd ${backupIp} "arc scr newconfig startup-config;arc start old-config;rest startup-config start" 20

issuing these 2 commands from the primary css will copy the file tmp.cfg in the script directory to startup-config on the backup css

you can then choose to reload the backup, copy startup to runn, etc....on the backup to make the new config active

Hope this helps

Overall Rating: 3 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
vkasacavage Wed, 04/16/2003 - 05:16
User Badges:

I have problems with the commit redundancy script as well, so I do it by hand. I'm currently working on compressing the script to be totally automatic and simple....but need to play with the replace_text function.

For the most part, here is my procedure

ftp the config to workstation

modify the config

ftp the config back to primary css

now the next 2 commands I borrowed from the commit script

@rcmd ${backupIp} "rcmd ${MASTER_IP} 'show script tmp.cfg' 20 newconfig" 20

@rcmd ${backupIp} "arc scr newconfig startup-config;arc start old-config;rest startup-config start" 20

issuing these 2 commands from the primary css will copy the file tmp.cfg in the script directory to startup-config on the backup css

you can then choose to reload the backup, copy startup to runn, etc....on the backup to make the new config active

Hope this helps

Actions

This Discussion