cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting OK/NOK status of routers with SNMP

druch
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking for one (or more) snmp mib variables that gives me quick and short the information, if our Cisco routers are running OK or NOK. I have to implement an SNMP-based application to poll network devices and analyze the device status (result is only ok or nok at this level). For more detailed analyzing of the problems, we use CiscoWorks 2000. My goal is poll as few as possible mib variables.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunatelt, there isn't any general purppose health check mib object that you can poll on the router. For polling interface status you can use ifOperStatus/ifAdminStatus from RFC1213-MIB

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

What exactly you're trying to find via SNMP out when you say "routers are running OK or NOK"?. Polling the interface status?

Basically yes, I'd like to poll the interface status. But may be there's another variable which indicates any occured exception on a router. We have also access-routers with quit a lot of interfaces in use. But my goal is to poll as few as possible parameters on each device.

Unfortunatelt, there isn't any general purppose health check mib object that you can poll on the router. For polling interface status you can use ifOperStatus/ifAdminStatus from RFC1213-MIB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: