Views
Helpful
Replies

Nat

manish-young
Level 1
Level 1

hi there,

when i do static nating, every thing works fine when i give inside local address of a workstation for testing, but when i change to ip to server it stops working

but server can be pinged localty ,any idea y

regards

manish

6 Replies 6

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Pl. try to explain the issue with more detail. Also try to outline the diagram with required config which works and dosen't work.

here it is,

(server)--(router)-(internet)

i have to give access to my server through web becauseof exchange & web ,

if i do a static maping it work if i put any workstation's ip address

(ip nat inside source static INSIDELOCAL INSIDEGLOBAL) it works fine

i can ping from out side , but as soon i swith it to my server it dosent work

regards

one more thing, if i remove ip nat inside from FE0/0 , then i can ping the server

Static mapping for inside to outside global ip address should work fine.

Many people are using it like that for their web servers and email servers which are located in the inside network.

What kind of server is that? Web, email?

You can use static port mapping as well with it. Here is the url which discuss that

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/794/827spat.html

Anyway, try to clear the nat by using "clear ip nat trans" command after you change the ip address mapping. Ping the outside ip address after that.

hi there,

thanks for you support, but this funny problem solved by itself , it took one or two hour , after that i could ping my server from outside with out any problem

with regards

Manish Young

Since you have ip nat inside / outside means you have dynamic NATing enabled as well....now removing ip nat inside from FE0/0 (and it works) means you are killing the dynamic NAT process.

Need to execute "clear ip nat translation *" after we move over to the web server & attempt to ping from outside to the webserver.

Thanks, Mak.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: