cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changed service account

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

i have unity 3.1 with the exhange 5.5 running on the same box, when i built it i used an account for the exchnage and unity setup, i was then asked to change the exchange account for a new one. what i have done is change all the service to use the local administrator account but now neither exchange or unity will start.

has anyone any ideas or will i have to rebuild the box from scratch

any help would be appreciated

regards

dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Dave,

Download the 4.x (not the 3.x) Permissions Wizard from www.CiscoUnityTools.com. Read through the most excellent help file, and then run Permissions Wizard. The main point here is that you need separate service accounts for the services that deal with the directory and the services that deal with the message store. And neither of these groups of services should use the local administrator account.

Nancy

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

navinger
Level 3
Level 3

Dave,

Download the 4.x (not the 3.x) Permissions Wizard from www.CiscoUnityTools.com. Read through the most excellent help file, and then run Permissions Wizard. The main point here is that you need separate service accounts for the services that deal with the directory and the services that deal with the message store. And neither of these groups of services should use the local administrator account.

Nancy

thanks Nancy

i'll give it a go and let you know how i get on

Dave

again many thanks Nancy that worked

Dave

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: