cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

removal of VPN Client 3.6.4

steven.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I had the VPN Client 3.6.3 working fine on my WinXP Pro laptop but decided to upgrade it to 3.6.4. Unfortunately during the process I have now got stuck in an error loop. I am unable get the Deterministic Network Enhancer to either work or uninstall. I get an error that says "Remove Plugin failed" followed by ERROR 1722. I cannot get the client to uninstall or re-install.

Regards,

Steve

2 Replies 2

r.chamberlain
Level 1
Level 1

Steven,

Have you found a sloution to this problem? I have the same problem with on eof my user's machines. Please post a reply here to let me know what you did to resolve the issue. Thank you.

--

Royal

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

Steve,

Are you using the MSI for installation of the VPN client. You can check the release notes of 3.6.3 and you would find a bug CSCdx51632 which describes a similar problem and also suggests that after clearing the last message box, restart MSI installation. It should successfully install the VPN Client. Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: