cannot reset phone
keeps booting up with "unprovisioned SIP"
need to use SEP
the unsip zip file can be downloaded from cco, which will contain the following files: OS79xx.txt, P003D302.bin, sipDefault.cnf
Try this "Un-Sip" IP Phone:
try the following procedure for downgrading a 7940 or 7960 phone from SIP:
1) move the following file into a temp directory on your CallManager Server.
2) extract the contents of the zipfile into the TFTP directory on your
callmanager. (usually c:\program files\cisco\TFTP) It's the directory with
all the other SEP*.cnf and *.bin files in it. Put these there as well.
3) hard-reboot the SIP phone by physically unplugging it from any power and
unplugging it from the network.
4) ensure that auto-registration is enabled on your CallManager cluster.
5) Plug IP phone back in to the network and make sure that it's in the voice
VLAN and receiving an address and option 150 or option 66 that points it to
the CallManager server. This assumes you're using DHCP to deliver IP
addresses to the phones.
6) if successful, phone will reboot several times - it'll first downgrade to
a MUCH older Skinny Phone load, then update to a more modern Skinny phone
load. When done, the phone will either be auto-registered to the
CallManager, or will be back at the config it had when it was last connected
to CallManager before being converted to a SIP phone.